18 September 2012

"Requiem Mass"

I finally finished up "Requiem Mass" for Andrew McCarthy's short story "Going Back In", featured in the National Geographic Adventure Aug/Sep 2009 issue. It was an editorial assignment given to my Mentor/Specialization class by our professor Richard Elmer. Done in Adobe Photoshop, and I'm quite pleased with the final result... I don't know if I've ever done such a really complete looking finish! I'm experimenting with digital finishes a lot lately and I'm very excited about this new direction I'm headed in.

The idea is that  the girl, Katy, has drowned and you are seeing the reactions of her peers reflected in the water. I wanted the focus to be on Katy and set the mood with a split-complementary color scheme. And now... back to work!

XO Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment